[Scribus] Problems with PDF file size

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Oct 13 11:03:10 CEST 2003

If your images are linked in then the Scribus file only needs a
reference to the file, not the actual image.

I am not sure why Scribus's exported PDF files can be so large. I have
had 8mb Indesign produced PDF files and basically the same thing
produced by Scribus is about 50mb. I'm guessing its the option that
Indesign has to crop images to only include the section that is shown in
the final PDF. That was with an early 1.1.1 too. Have to see what the
developers think re that. If the option to crop images to only have the
shown section can be included it would really shrink the resulting PDFs.

Craig