[Scribus] Improvements to V 1.1.1

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Oct 12 19:18:15 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 02:50, Sunil Joshi wrote:
> Franz:
> Thank you for your hard work on Scribus.  You have been trying to give
> people what they want and i appreciate that very much.  The font
> rendering in v 1.1.1 is excellent.  However, the loss of several
> functionalities in the text box are worrisome!!
>
> For example, as Bill and I have noticed, it is now not possible to
> change the font color and shade by making a change in the text box
> properties.  Besides that, I really miss the ability to change the other
> text box properties in individual text boxes.  For example, the ability
> to control the space between the margin and the text itself is also
> gone.  In the next version, please bring back the ability to control
> properties of text box, and the image box back.  These are critical
> features.  Eventually, it would be nice if we could also select more
> colors than the basic colors provided currently.

There will be a bunch of color templates, thanks to Andreas Plesch which
include the color palettes both RGB and CMYK from Open Office, inlcuded
in the next set of sample docs.

This week has been hellish, so I am way behind: I had a disk crash and
moved - which denied me good internet access for nearly 4 days.

> Again, I am not alone in saying that Scribus is a great addition to open
> source software, so a big THANK YOU to you and Peter and others who are
> helping out with this project.  I, unfortulately, am not a code writer,
> so can't help more than just being a critic of your work!  Sorry about that!

Thanks and the best thing you can do is keep testing and helping others
on the list.

regards,
Peter