[Scribus] Build problem

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Oct 12 01:34:01 CEST 2003

Paul

Honestly, up till just now, I hadnt run a ./configure, or therefore a
make.

What I was trying to do was to make the correct directory to build the
.tar.gz from. From there I could then make a Gentoo ebuild and have the
"proper" Gentoo way of installing and uninstalling cleanly the software.
This means for any installation if installed like this the system will
check all dependancies and then run the ./configure and the make/make
install for me (hence why I hadnt run it).

The problem is that the tar.gz I build is somehow different to the one
(1.1.1) I can download in terms of what it says in the configure file
because the emerge/portage system baulks at it.

I'd prefer to be able to make a tar.gz after the make -f makefile.dist
because of the above, and the ability to unmerge and emerge a known good
source (or have them installed in different Gentoo "SLOTS" and have the
current release and the CVS version installed side by side).

Anyhow, FWIW I have now run a successful ./configure and make. I havent
run the make install because I dont want to do that before trying again
to get an ebuild install working. Its also time for bed and I'll try to
sort out the rest tomorrow after the Formula 1 :)

Craig