[Scribus] Re: Fonts

Paul paul
Sat Oct 11 18:16:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > but we had all hells job getting it to work correctly on little endian
> > machines (i.e. we needed a way to define _BIG_ENDIAN correctly). On the
>
> I chose the test
> #if X_BYTE_ORDER == X_BIG_ENDIAN
> because it was already present in the code, in
> gdk-pixbuf-xlib-private.h, so the macros seemed to be supposed to be
> defined. Do you mean this can test positive on a little-endian machine?
> (I cannot try it out, I have no such beast).

On the tests I've done (not sure which ones Franz has done), I was
finding that my test machines were using the BIG_ENDIAN code and then
the SMALL_ENDIAN code and getting totally confused by everything!

> > testbed MacOSX box I was finding problems getting the patch to work
> > correctly either.
>
> What problems were these? I tried it on several MacOSX machines with
> several different versions of X11 or xfree86 installed.

The main problem was that I was remotely doing the work (it's on a
friends machine who has allowed me remote access). After about 2 hours
of twiddling with his machine, everything was fine. He had screwed quite
a few things up...

The patch works fine under OSX.

TTFN

Paul