[Scribus] What is the best way to create a booklet?: SOLVED

Robbie Pickering drymartini
Wed Oct 8 13:57:18 CEST 2003

scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

>Back when I posted the "solution" below, I thought the problem was
>solved, but while it sounded
>good in theory and worked for my simplistic test case, it was not
>sufficient for the finished
>product.  Sorry this is so long.
>
>The biggest problem I had was with the psbook/psnup/ps2pdf sequence.
>At times, when
>I looked at the PDF that generated with Adobe Reader 5.0 for Mac OS
>X, some pages were
>landscape and others were portrait.  Printing that out in a proper
>booklet was impossible.

I vaguely remember this happening with Acrobat occasionally. Sometimes
Acrobat tries to be too clever and second-guess whether a page is
landscape or portrait. Does the same thing happen when you view the PDF
in Preview/xpdf/ghostview? If so, are the pages the right way up in the
actual PostScript (view with ghostview) ? Knowing this would narrow down
which application is turning pages around when it shouldn't.