[Scribus] Font detection in 1.1.1

ephemeron ephemeron
Wed Oct 8 01:50:13 CEST 2003

Except for the fonts that come with X, I can't get scribus to
recognize any of the fonts I have installed.

What config file (whether X, freetype or Scribus's) do I need to
edit to get Scribus to see the fonts installed in my system?
Reverting to 1.1.0 (without so much as changing any setting in
~/.scribus) appears to fix the problem.  So I must assume that
the font detection in 1.1.1 is making configuration assumptions
that don't exist in the distro I'm using (Debian).