[Scribus] font paths

Linus Gasser ineiti
Mon Oct 6 17:17:37 CEST 2003

Hi,
On Sunday 05 October 2003 21:09, Peter Linnell wrote:
> Because of the changes in the font discovery mechanism, the previews are
> no longer available - it was done through Qt, which is no longer used
> for font listing.
> Just my opinion, but I am happy with the changes.

hmm, too bad. Well, let's say that if I use scribus, I can go along with the
fact that I have to use kfontselect (or whatever) to look at the fonts.
Anybody else in my environment (your ordinary linux-user ;) would prefer to
have the 'real' fonts in the font-description.
 Well, if you're programming for the pro's, the new behavior sure is better.
If you want to have it as DTP-for-everyone, the fonts should show 'for real'.
 Why not make a switch, and put it 'for real' by default? Then power-users
(who'll know the program better anyway) can switch this feature off, gaining
some speed...

my 2 cents,

ineiti