[Scribus] font paths

Bill Carini crisbill
Sun Oct 5 21:08:35 CEST 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 12:46:54PM -0400, Peter Linnell wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 12:16, Bill Carini wrote:
> > I compiled Scribus 1.1.1 from the tarball. It is not finding my Truetype
> > fonts in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
> > In the Edit-->Preferences-->Fonts dialog the Additional Fonts tab is
> > grayed-out.
> >
> > Can someone give some more information about how 1.1.1 (and freetype2) go
> > about locating fonts?
>
> Do you have a doc open? You cannot add or delete font paths with a doc
> open.

Yes. Sorry, I know this has come up before in the list.

After adding my TrueType directory to "Additional Paths", my
fonts still wouldn't show up.

Copying my TrueType fonts to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/
did work, however.

None of my fonts (I have Postscript and TrueType) are previewing correctly in the
Select Fonts dialog: they all look the same. (actually, I guess one of them *is*
previewing correctly!)

1.1.0 would find all of my fonts and preview correctly.

--Bill

This email was brought to you by the Mutt E-Mail Client (www.mutt.org)
and Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)

Use GnuPG for confidential email. (www.gnupg.org)