[Scribus] scribus cvs 1.1.1

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Oct 2 15:15:01 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 08:40, Subash Jeyan wrote:
> hi,
>
> just downloaded/compiled cvs 1.1.1 (Build ID 30 Sept 2003 C-C-T). just a
> couple of things:
>
> 1) i had created a document with 1.1.0 using times new roman regular
> font and when i open it with 1.1.1, i get a popup saying times new roman
> medium font is not installed, giving me an option to use a substitute
> font. while this is a nice new feature, how can scribus ask me to
> substitute a font which i had never used in the first place? am i
> missing something here? :)

Because the font discovery code picks up slight different names for the
same font. Times New Roman Medium is Times New Roman Regular. There are
notes about this in the readme file.

Roughly how the font names change:

Medium 	becomes Regular
Medium  becomes Roman *depends on the font
Italic  becomes Oblique *depends on the font
Almost all the Ghostscript fonts will have URW before their name.

To me the new behavior will be a pain until all your old docs are
converted, but the naming is more correct IMO.

> 2) though i can define new line styles and apply them to picture frames,
> it doesn't work for text frames. in the 'show properties' dialog, though
> i can click on the line tab, everything is greyed out there, including
> newly defined line styles.

Correct.

> while compiling, i got the following error message, though the
> compilation itself went fine. i got it with qt 3.1.2 (upgraded using mdk
> src rpms; the default with mdk 9.1 is 3.1.1). thinking that probably it
> is a bug with the mdk qt 3.1.2, i compiled qt 3.2.1 from sources, and i
> still get the same error message and lines for the text frames still
> don't work.
>
> error message:
>
> pageitem.cpp: In member function `void PageItem::DrawObj(ScPainter*,
> QRect)':
>
> pageitem.cpp:881: warning: passing `float' for argument 1 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:881: warning: passing `float' for argument 2 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:881: warning: passing `float' for argument 3 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:881: warning: passing `float' for argument 4 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:968: warning: passing `float' for argument 1 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:968: warning: passing `float' for argument 2 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:968: warning: passing `float' for argument 3 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'
>
> pageitem.cpp:968: warning: passing `float' for argument 4 of
> `QRect::QRect(int, int, int, int)'

This is a just a warning.