[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 8, Eintrag 1

Göran Bondeson gorbo
Wed Oct 1 14:21:08 CEST 2003

Hi Jim!

It really is easy with SuSE 8.2 (even if I messed up a bit before
realising :-). SuSE 8.2 is delivered with Scribus 0.9.7, so if you
install it as part of your base installation using YaST you get all the
other dependencies installed as well. To get color management working
you need to get some profiles installed. You may download them from Adobe (
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/iccprofiles/win/AdobeICCProfiles.zip)
or from a local windows installation. Just be sure to put all the *.icc
files in /usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles. Otherwise you will not get
color management and PDF/X-3 to work. Trust me ;-)

Since there has been tremendous development in Scribus I recommend an
upgrade to version 1.1.0. You may use the rpm from Patrick or you may
compile it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
/G?ran Bondeson

P.S. Just for the record: SuSE 9.0 due out late October will have
Scribus 1.0 in the base install 8-)

P.S2. Thanks to Peter Linell for his patience when trying to get cms to work