[Scribus] Can run debian package, but not compile CVS

John Griessen john_g
Tue Nov 25 22:23:22 CET 2003

Additional info about symptoms I had are:

automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6
/usr/bin/make --version
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i386-pc-linux-gnu

I had a /etc/alternatives link to automake 1.4, so I changed that to automake1.6 and
now I get this:

====================
 make -f Makefile.dist
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
aclocal.m4:6521: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.6.3, but aclocal.m4
aclocal.m4:6521: was generated for Automake 1.4-p6.  You should recreate
aclocal.m4:6521: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.

I'm not sure how to follow this last error message suggestion....
--
John Griessen