[Scribus] Text frames linked "backwards"

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat Nov 22 22:05:58 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 15:44, ephemeron wrote:
> I've tested this several times.  It seems that Scribus (cvs
> 1.1.3) can't handle reliably text frames that are linked
> "backwards."  Let's say I'm trying to layout a newsletter where
> some article begins on Page 8.  The article continues on Page 7
> and then Page 6, etc.  So I create a link from the text frame on
> Page 8 to the text frame on Page 7, and a link from that text
> frame to the text frame on Page 6, and so on.  In other words I'm
> trying to flow text backwards from Page 8 to Page 1.

Can't answer that at the moment.

> Sometimes I'll see text on Pages 7, 6 etc; sometimes I don't.  I
> know I've linked the frames "properly" because after I, say,
> resize one or two of the text frames, the text appears.  A
> similar behavior affects the print preview.  When I try to print
> (to file), a crash often occurs.

When does it crash ? Exporting ps or during print preview ? If it is
during print preview what do you see in the console ? You might want to
see if there is an updated ghostscript .

Peter