[Scribus] Crash when creating objects on custom template

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Nov 18 17:26:50 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:25, ephemeron wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:49:29 +0100,
> Franz Schmid wrote:
> >
> > ephemeron wrote:
> > > With a custom template (Edit Templates --> New [Duplicate]) I
> > > get a perfectly reproducible crash, when I try to create or
> > > insert any object (a text or picture frame or a line).  I can
> > > confirm this with CVS extracts of today and 20031105.  Sorry
> > > if this has been reported before.
> > This issue is now fixed in tonight's CVS.
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, with my latest CVS
> download I now get a crash ("Segmentation fault") when I try to
> open or create a (New) document.
>
> To test if the crash was caused by building against different
> -dev libraries, I recompiled my CVS downloads of 20031105 and
> 20031117[*].  These two versions don't crash when opening or
> creating documents.  Both however also exhibit the bug (crashing
> when editing a custom template) I described in my original post.
>
> 20031105 cvs:  crash when editing "custom" template
> 20031117 cvs:  crash when editing custom template [*]
> 20331118 cvs:  crash when opening or creating documents
>
> [*] The first entry of 20031117 cvs reads:
> 16.11.2003	Improved the Story Editor.
> 		Fixed some issues with Copy and Paste.

Confirmed here too, 30s after Franz logged off IRC last night. Will sort
it out soon. Please stick to your previous CVS version for now.

> PS I think the Story Editor is a killer feature.

Works well so far hey?! A real productivity enhancer!

Craig