[Scribus] plugins

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Mon Nov 17 20:55:56 CET 2003

Petr Van?k wrote:
> hi all.
>
> After the whole day source code study I know how Scribus plugins
> work. But I cannot write - esp compile - some nothing-doing-minimalistic
> one. Could someone do it for me? (e.g. plugin.cpp, plugin.h and (q)makefile)
Just take the old Scripter Plugin as a start. scriptplugin.cpp/.h and the
Makefile.am are the important files, and you need the admin directory.

> And the 2nd question - what is the "4th type of plugin"?
>   * 1 = the Plugin is a normal Plugin, which appears in the Extras Menue
>   * 2 = the Plugins is a import Plugin, which appears in the Import Menue
>   * 3 = the Plugins is a export Plugin, which appears in the Export Menue
> but 4 mentioned in ScribusApp::InitPlugs() - some helpPlug?!
>
> I do appologise for this issue, but I'm not a seasoned C++ profi :-/
A plugin of type 4 is a resident Plugin, it's loaded once upon application
startup and remains loaded. This kind of plugin is useful for permament
extensions. The Scripter Plugin is an example of a type 4 Plugin.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid