[Scribus] qt 322 and 1.1.2

Gerhard Gaussling ggnewsletter
Sat Nov 15 21:06:36 CET 2003

Am Samstag, 15. November 2003 14:21 schrieb fsanta:
> echo $PATH

And what's about

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

?

Paul has written in October the 19th 2003 00:20:

<QuotePaul>

If you want it to be system wide (and assuming you're using bash), you
need to edit /etc/bashrc to include the following lines

QTDIR = /usr/local/qt
PATH = $QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH = $QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you're only doing it locally (i.e. for just you), edit the .bashrc
file in your home area with the same as above.

Login as su

mv qt-x11-free-3.2.2 /usr/local/qt
cd /usr/local/qt
./configure -thread -fast
make
gmake

And that's it.

WARNING : It takes ages!!!!!

</QuotePaul>

HTH

Gerhard

P.S. What to say about the gmake step? I have GNU make 3.80 installed.
I think debian doesn't know about gmake. In the qt directory I can find
qmake... ?:-6