[Scribus] Re: text overlapping

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Nov 11 05:40:53 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 06:00, Johannes Wilm wrote:
> Hi,
> well I just come with one more problem.
> When putting text on a path, text on layers behind it, is partially being
> overlapped by it. See attachment.

Not here.

And those colors are giving me a headache :O

Remember, for an OSS project, while we do not need a seeing eye dog to
find our monitor, we have literally years staring at screens. Please
send us something a little less harsh to the eye.

I have not seen things like that, well, I'll let the imagination run...
;P

Seriously, examining the text boxes it looks like they are behaving as
intended. Then, I could need glasses.

> --
> Johannes Wilm
>
> PS: you were probably right with the corrupted file. Starting scribus from a
> text console where export LANG... had been executed before, making a new doc
> and copying all elements over there made the problem go away.

Cool. This reconfirms Franz's advice about setting LANG is important not for Scribus, but Qt.

Regards,
Peter