[Scribus] Crash with text box

Malte Cornils malte
Mon Nov 10 02:06:50 CET 2003

Hi,

Am Montag, 10. November 2003 00:27 schrieb Paul:
> Hi,
> > when I open this document on scribus 1.1.2, double-click the
> > non-automatic
 textbox on the first page and start typing, scribus
> > crashes with the first keypress.
>
> Works fine under RH9, vsn 1.1.3cvs
>
> Which distro are you using and which version of Qt?

Hmm, Debian sid (sid=unstable) with Xfree 4.3.0 and the Qt from the
KDE3.2-beta deb's: 3.2.1-6+orth.

Will try to reproduce on a sid/Xfree 4.3.0 with Qt from normal sid tomorrow.

I can reliably prevent the crash if I edit something in the automatic
textboxes *before* I edit the manually-created textbox.

During editing of my first page, I noticed cut'n'paste doesn't work correctly
for text boxes - pasted text box does not have any content anymore (will send
detailed bug report if testing tomorrow still shows that bug).

Could the anon-CVS help? The dynamically updated changelog on scribus.org.uk
did not show much of relevance. BTW, is there a way to build a debug version?

So many questions, so little time :) Thanks for any help!
-Malte #8-)