[Scribus] fedora upgrade weirdness

Scott A Phipps saphipps
Sun Nov 9 02:41:52 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 19:23, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Looks like an unavailable fault.
>
> > Ok, I finllay got output.  I sent it to the list thursday, but it looks
> > like too big of a mail to go through, so here it is agian.
>
> The problem is trying to get hold of adobe-helvetica-bold. Either it's
> corrupt or not there any more.
>
> As a quick try
>
> mv .scribus/scribus.rc .scribus/scribus.rc.old
>
> and re-run Scribus. If it still bombs out, you know the font is
> flumpled!
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul,

I'm still trying to find out where that font is.  I had a problem after
the upgrade with mozilla crashing on trying to load japanese fonts that
were removed/renamed in fedora.  Is there font information cached from
before the upgrade that is causing me problems now?  I notice
fonts.cache files, should I delete these?  Maybe I should just go
through the pain of a wide and reinstall.

Thanks again

Scott