[Scribus] Linux Journal Article Online

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Nov 6 22:49:05 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 03:19, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Peter Linnell wrote:
>
> > The Linux Journal article - Introducing Scribus is now on-line:
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7054
>
> Excellent article! Thanks for writing it.

Thanks. It was a pleasure. Even better, I have a firm commitment for a
second article on Scribus and integrating other DTP tools like Sodipodi
etc.

> Is there any chart or table comparing features of Scribus and other
> desktop publishing/layout programs?

None that I am aware of. Besides, with the rapid development and
enhancements of Scribus, it would be obsolete the minute it was written.

> Also, it would be interesting (and maybe useful to developers) to have
> screenshots and descriptions of different tasks with other layout
> programs. Would this be useful?

Actually, it is probably best *not* to do so  - at least from the
standpoint of the developers.

I have however, written a detailed spec sheet on Scribus, which is
included in the on-line help and on the web site.

Regards,
Peter