[Scribus] Windows version

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Nov 5 23:13:19 CET 2003

1.0.1, which is in the Unstable branch crashes like crazy. However, I
haven't had a single crash (knock, knock) after I compiled my own from
Oct 31st CVS on the same Debian Unstable system.

Alex.

* Gerhard Gaussling <ggnewsletter at web.de> [2003-11-05 20:27:33 +0100]:

> Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2003 00:39 schrieb Johannes Wilm:
> > > Really, the new code is very experimental, unstable and unfriendly.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------^
> well, indeed, I compiled scribus 1.1.2 on debian/unstable [ gcc (GCC)
> 3.2.3 (Debian) Kernel 2.4.19 ] and it is in some special cases fairly
> unstable and crashes reproduceable like I posted some days ago.
>
> > > It will also annoy the hell out of Debian users who insist on using
> > > gcc 2.95 as it will definately not compile on 2.95. Mwuhahahahaha
> >
> > huh? GCC3.3 is the standard compiler on debian/unstable I believe.
> > (and has been for quite some time)
>
> unstable Candidate is: 3.3.1-2
>
> On stable we can use backports, I think.
>
> regards
>
> Gerhard

                                   -- Chaucer
- Life's not fair, but the root password helps.
                                        -- BOFH