[Scribus] Windows version

Johannes Wilm j
Wed Nov 5 00:18:07 CET 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 00:12, Paul wrote:
<...>
> There is no intention of moving Scribus out of it's current licence,
> though at the Linux Expo we did consider changing it to LGPL and there
> were a number of interested parties wanting us to take it commercial. As
> Franz is down as the main copyright holder of the source, if he wants to
> change the licence he can. The fun comes if I don't want my stuff to
> change (the material on my laptop reaches into just about every source
> file for some serious optimisations!) - but that won't happen.

I hope you are planning on putting it on the anoncvs-server som day instead of
keeping it for yourself in order to have a way of counteracting any licensing
change Franz might want to do. ;-)
No really, I can't wait to see it.

> > > 1. Quark wanted money off us per copy or they'd not be nice to us
> > > 2. Any work surrounding the importer could not be released
> >

> > bastards!
>

> Nope, business. They have to protect their investment and can't have
> some linux hackers reverse engineering something which must have taken
> weeks to truely cack up ;-p

I'll only say it this one time: the capitalist mode of production stinks!
(that was it, I'll never go into it again on this strictly technical list)

--

Johannes Wilm