[Scribus] Windows version

Paul paul
Wed Nov 5 00:12:46 CET 2003

Hi,

> > There is also nothing to stop someone asking for the licence to be
> > changed for some of their material.
>
> yes, that is true. At the same time, scribus is at the verge of actually being
> quite usable, so if you and Franz should get any funny ideas, like changing
> to a proprietary license, I am sure someone would pick up the gpl-tree. (not
> that I think you would be doing that)

There is no intention of moving Scribus out of it's current licence,
though at the Linux Expo we did consider changing it to LGPL and there
were a number of interested parties wanting us to take it commercial. As
Franz is down as the main copyright holder of the source, if he wants to
change the licence he can. The fun comes if I don't want my stuff to
change (the material on my laptop reaches into just about every source
file for some serious optimisations!) - but that won't happen.

> > 1. Quark wanted money off us per copy or they'd not be nice to us
> > 2. Any work surrounding the importer could not be released
>
> bastards!

Nope, business. They have to protect their investment and can't have
some linux hackers reverse engineering something which must have taken
weeks to truely cack up ;-p

TTFN

Paul
--