[Scribus] debian packages repository

Johannes Wilm j
Tue Nov 4 21:21:59 CET 2003

Hi again,

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 21:09, Josep Febrer wrote:
<...>

> Can you put here the output of apt-get to see what are your problems, these
> Qt pacakges should be fine with KDE, are you using sid?

kde-cvs-snapshot depends on libqt3c102-mt (= 3:3.2.1-6+orth)

That is the pseudo-package which allows one to remove all of orth's kde3.2cvs
packages. I might just have to make a similar pseudo-package, however I
forgot what the package was called that did that (don't get why it's not
"fake-package")

> The reason why this these Qt packages depends on XFree 4.3, are not only
> because they are buld with XFree 4.3, the real reasons are important
> changes between XFree 4.2 and 4.3 regarding Xinerama and Xlibmesa, for
> example XFree 4.3 addressed the issue that Xinerama wasn't PIC (this also
> means that if you have XFree 4.3 and these Qt 3.2 packages build against it
> you can use prelink).

How do I invoke that? (as root "prelink /usr/bin/scribus"???)

> To get XFree 4.3 for Debian sid:

Yes, I have been running xfree4.3 experimental packages for quite some time.
Thanks anyway!

--
Johannes Wilm