[Scribus] imports

kurt.lhotzky at chello.at kurt.lhotzky
Tue Nov 4 06:55:24 CET 2003

Hi, Bill -

I can offer a solution "outside" scribus:

GIMP can handle eps-files - so save PDF's as postscript-files and bring them in GIMP to the right size (works better than to adapt small images to the image-frame in Scribus). You can improve the quality if you change coloured images to black and white halftone. The results are quite good...

PS: 1.1.2. does not compile yet on my PC - I still work with 1.1.1 and hope for a version for "dummies" like me ;-)

Regards,
Kurt

Von: Bill Carini <crisbill at lightlink.com>
Datum: 2003/11/04 Di AM 05:37:14 GMT+01:00
An: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Betreff: [Scribus] imports

I never tried out this feature prior to 1.1.2, but when I import an
eps or pdf (which seems only possible when a picture frame is selected),
they come out appearing very pixelish. (svg imports beautifully).

--Bill

This email was brought to you by the Mutt E-Mail Client (www.mutt.org)
and Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)

Use GnuPG for confidential email. (www.gnupg.org)