[Scribus] Bug, omission or feature? (Three examples.)

Johannes Wilm j
Sat May 31 00:27:41 CEST 2003

The following applies to the most current versions.

On Friday 30 May 2003 22:14, John Culleton wrote:
> On Friday 30 May 2003 03:55 pm, Johannes Wilm wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 May 2003, John Culleton wrote:
> > > 1. Supposedly Scribus uses the hyphenation routines of TeX. However
> > > when I typed text that clearly needed to be hyphenated it just went to
> > > the next line.
> >
> > Go intothe preferences and chose the hyphonation prefs. Choose
> > your language.
>
> Under edit-> preferences I get the following tabs:
> General Document Guides Typgraphic Tools Scrapbook Display

Edit -> Preferences -> Hyphenator... . Don't go into the "General..."

> None of these tabs have hyphenation as a subitem.
>
> > Click on the text box that is to be hyphonated. In the menu "Extras" (or
> > something) choose "hyphenation". You will get another dialog where you
> > will beable to specify how hyphenation should be apllied specifically.
>
> Again, clicking on the text box and then right clicking I get aseries
> of menu items, no one of which refers to hyphenation.

No, not right-clicking. Look under "Extras" at the top of the scribus-window.

> It seems we have a version mismatch here. What version do you use?

CVS, I believe it should apply to 0.9.10 as well