[Scribus] Problem getting color management working

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue May 27 05:09:43 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 16:32, Christoph Schoenherr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> How can I get the Color Management working in Scribus 0.9.10
> on SuSE 8.1?
>
> I've been following all the advices in the documentation,
> lcms1.10 and lprof1.09 are installed properly and working,
> and I found "lcms__cmsChannelsOf=yes" after compilation.
>
> I have installed the lcms with "make install", and have run
> ldconfig afterwards. Lprof-1.09 itself is runnig fine.

> Do you have any hints?

After installing lcms you need icc profiles in the profiles directory.
On my system, which is the scribus default:
/usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles is where I have installed my profiles
(as root)

You should have at minimum, an RGB profile for you monitor, an RGB
profile for conversion and a CMYK profile for a printer. I highly
recommend installing these:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/iccprofiles/win/AdobeICCProfiles.zip
as a base set of profiles for using color management.

With this set of profiles, this should enable CMS in Scribus - otherwise
this preferences will not appear.

Hope this helps,
Peter
--