[Scribus] Mac font Mix

Malte Cornils malte
Tue May 27 03:40:12 CEST 2003

On Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 02:40, Andrew wrote:
> 	I have mix 200 Macintosh fonts. I want to move to Linux Mandrake. There
> are TT, MM, PS and who knows what kind of fonts. 1. I have moved them to
> the Linux box using ftp as .hqx files.
> 	2. Now I am uncertain of what do do.

hi, this is not... trivial. There is a win32 tool (which runs under wine) that
can do it - "crossfont" from asy.com. Also, in the (Debian) package t1utils,
there is a tool called t1unmac which should be able to get at least Type1
fonts out into the PC format world.

If you know German, you can follow my directions at
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uhwe/cgi-bin/maltes_seite.cgi?links=menu&oben=cmpnavbar&haupt=cmpmac

if you don't, maybe someone with time can translate that :-)

Good luck!

-Malte #8-)