[Scribus] 2 font problems & 1 crash & 1 issue

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed May 7 15:05:09 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 08:13, Johannes Wilm wrote:
<snip>

> The Issue:
> I do understand that you don't want people to use the right hand side to store
> text that isn't used yet, and that you encourage the use of the scrap book.
> Nevertheless, right now it seems that text that is placed there simply
> disappears into some dark hole. I don't even know whether the text still is
> in the scribus file but that probably should happen. Why don't you either
> disable all moving of text outside of the area where it is displayed or
> enable people to put stuff there temporarily.

While Scribus does not have a traditional "pasteboard like Quark or
Pagemaker, I find the scrapbook *very* useful and it has been very
reliable. You can also save scrapbooks separately from the doc. The file
format is consistent too: I have opened scrapbooks created with  much
older versions of Scribus and they displayed perfectly with all the
contents intact. Now that Franz add the right click > send to scrapbook
command, this makes working with the scrapbook very easy. I have full
pages of text stored in scrapbooks and found no problems with this.

If this is not suitable, some suggested workarounds: Add a blank extra
page in the doc for storing things temporarily. The other is to have
second doc open and copy to from the doc.

Hope that help,
Peter