[Scribus] 2 font problems & 1 crash & 1 issue

Johannes Wilm j
Wed May 7 14:13:51 CEST 2003

Hi,
there are at least two font roblems which have been in scribus for quite a
while.

Problem 1:
Try making a text box ans write a few lines at font size 12. Then mark the
text and switch the font size to 48. The thing that happens is, that the line
height doesn't change, so the lines will be rendered on top of oneanother. It
seems like the line height is determines by the text size specified before
any text has been entered at all.

Problem 2:
When enterng text, the last part of each letter in the text is not rendered.
When going out of editing mode the entire letters are rendered again. It does
make it hard to read the text.

The Crash:
Try making a text box and fill in some text. Then right click on that and hit
"Delete" ----> CRASH!

The Issue:
I do understand that you don't wnat people to use the right hand side to store
text that isn't used yet, and that you encourage the use of the scrap book.
Nevertheless, rght now it seems that text that is placed there simply
disappears into some dark hole. I don't even know whether the text still is
in the scribus file but that probably should happen. Why don't you either
disable all moving of text outside of the area where it is displayed or
enable people to put stuff there temporarily.

--
Johannes Wilm