[Scribus] Curious about CVS

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue May 6 07:01:34 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 23:55, Patrick wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am curious about the cvs uploads.  Are these daily things and how does
> one tell the time it was made available?  It's all probably simple, but
> I haven't played with cvs much until Scribus, so the only thing I have
> to go by is my build date listed in the program.  The changelog is not
> updated each time a new upload is provided and I haven't found any file
> that lists the date yet.
>
> So how do you know?  I understand not changing the changelog each time
> if it is a daily thing, but could maybe a small date file be included to
> determine if we are on the same page with you?
>
> Patrick

The change log fresh from CVS:

05.05.2003	When you edit a Path, you can select now more than one Point
for moving,
		either by pressing the Shift Key or using the selection Rectangle.
		Fonts are now scanned for their Chararcter width only when they are
used.
		(Avoids building big Tables for never used Fonts)

04.05.2003	Extended the Node-Palette.
		The PDF-Exporter now embeds only really used Fonts.

03.05.2003	Added new Command "Convert Text to Polygons"

27.04.2003	Implemented Subpaths for Polygons.
		Removed various Copy and Paste Errors.

26.04.2003	Improved Textrendering for Zoomfactors > 100 %

Now, in answer to your question, there is a great doc Franz sent me, and
I will upload it to a hidden directory on my site, so list members can
download it.

The other answer, which is really nice, once I learned a bit about cvs
is Cervisia, which has a really nice UI to maintain a source tree. With
this, it easy to manage your cvs files. Very stable and also KDE help
has a nice section on cvs.

It is an optional install as a part of KDE. see:
http://cervisia.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps,
Peter
--