[Scribus] a quick question

Paul paulf.johnson
Mon May 5 02:25:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I tried the version you compiled, and after opening enough documents (about
> 20), got it to do the same thing.

Sounds like that's an improvement at least ;-)

> I did get some errors in the
> console this time and have attached them in a file.

These look to be Qt problems rather than scribus ones, but I'll check
them out anyway.

> One reason why my
> system could be slightly different than yours is that I upgraded my system
> from redhat 8.0 to redhat 9.

Nope. That's the way I did it.

> Because of this, I check what versions of qt I
> had in /usr/lib and I have 2.3.1, 3.0.5, and 3.1.  Let me know if any of
> this if cruft left over from the 8.0 install, and if it is , I will delete
> it and see how that affects things.

Doesn't make any difference. Unless you tell ./configure differently, it
will have gone to QTDIR (terminal window, type echo $QTDIR - it should
say /usr/lib/qt-3.1 unless you've compiled Qt yourself in which case,
that will be something like /usr/local/lib/qt)

Just a strawclutcher here - what is the spec of your machine (memory &
processor)?

TTFN

Paul

--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.