[Scribus] Printing to 'bad printer name'

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Mon Mar 31 18:00:53 CEST 2003

Nick Holden wrote:
> The printer's name is "Brother" - I know it's not very original, but it
> functions. The problem seems to be that Scribus doesn't expect the colon
> after the name in the printcap file, so the available printer in Scribus
> is "Brother:" - and this is what generates the error. If I use the
> 'other print command' and do 'lpr -PBrother' then I get output fine.
>
> So... why is Scribus seeing 'Brother:' instead of just 'Brother'? Is it
> a bug? Can I fix it? Or is it a question of making do until a later
> release comes out?
This is a known bug in the 0.9.8 and previous Versions of Scribus. In the
new Developers Release 0.9.9 it's corrected.

Until 0.9.9 is released you can print via the external Print Command. Just
check the "Print via other Command" and enter in the line below: "lpr -PBrother",
of course without the quotes.

Another possibility would be to give your Printer a second Name, but this is
more complicated.

And third, you can alway print of a file and print that via lpr, kprinter or
whatever.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid