[Scribus] qt-mt lib is missing, but installed on debian sarge/SID

Michael Below mbelow
Sun Mar 30 16:55:39 CEST 2003

Paul <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> writes:

>> Thank you for pointing this out #-) . Unfortunately apt wants to remove
>> 111 packages (the whole kde3)
>
> And the case for compiling from the sources vs autoupdaters is proved.

As a Debian user I have to defend my distributio here :)

Gerhard is obviously using the unstable or testing repositories, to be
on the bleeding edge of Debian development -- these Debian versions
tend to be unstable, as the name suggests, so Gerhard decided not to
follow all updates of the unstable tree to avoid something
particularly unstable. Of course, this might lead to other
inconsistencies. And when the apt update managemnt tries to deal with
such half-updated systems, something like the above might
result.

The stable version, Debian 3.0, doesn't have these problems  --
when compiling 0.9.7 I didn't encounter them.

Ciao
  Michael