[Scribus] Windows-Port von Scribus?

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Mar 26 16:59:09 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 09:06, Hanno B?ck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to ask if it would be possible to create a windows-port of
> scribus.
> I personally don't use Windows. But for the following reason I would
> like to see a windows-port: If you have a layout-project, you often have
> to work together with many other people. So it is not very likely that
> they will choose a program that is only available for linux.
>
> I looked at the windows-version of qt. It is not GPL, it's only
> free-for-use. See:
> http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/noncomm.html
>
> As you can read there, a special clause would have to be added to the
> scribus-license.
> It also works only with ms visual c++. I don't have vc++, so i cannot
> test if it compiles.

You might find this of interest http://atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/cygwin.html

After 0.9.8 is released (updates to the docs are more important :) . I am going top give another go to compiling 0.9.8
on with the KDE-Windows QT 3 ported libraries. The lead developer mailed me a few days with
news of a revised binutils, specifically to fix the kinds of linking problems I had with QT3 on
cygwin.

Regards,
Peter