[Scribus] Windows-Port von Scribus?

Hanno Böck hanno
Wed Mar 26 15:06:14 CET 2003

Hello,

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to create a windows-port of
scribus.
I personally don't use Windows. But for the following reason I would
like to see a windows-port: If you have a layout-project, you often have
to work together with many other people. So it is not very likely that
they will choose a program that is only available for linux.

I looked at the windows-version of qt. It is not GPL, it's only
free-for-use. See:
http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/noncomm.html

As you can read there, a special clause would have to be added to the
scribus-license.
It also works only with ms visual c++. I don't have vc++, so i cannot
test if it compiles.

cu,

Hanno