[Scribus] cvs bugs

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Mon Mar 24 22:00:44 CET 2003

Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried out the cvs version Paul send to me, and the acrobat
> "crashes" are over. Now there're two new things that don't seem right
> here (see attachment):
>
> - the font "Century Schoolbook L Medium Italic" seems to generate pdf
> that's much lighter (in color) than normal text (first sentence in .sla
> document). Only acrobat seems to be affected by this.
Acrobat substitutes the font Century Schoolbook L Medium Italic with one
of its MultiMasterFonts, since that Font isn't embedded in the PDF. Try
to embed the Font into the PDF. Hint, a font that can be embedded into the
PDF is marked with a green tickmark in the Fonts Tab of the PDF-Exporter.
To be able to embed a Type1 Font you must have a .afm File for it.

> - the font "Arial Medium" with the style "italic" shows italic text in
> scribus, but not in any pdf reader.
Arial Medium is a regular Font, the Style italic is done via a simple trans-
formation in Scribus and the Postscript Output, but that isn't possible in
PDF, there are no operators for it in PDF. Use a real Arial Medium Italic
instead.

Best Regards
Franz Schmid