[Scribus] wishlist

neil lewis neil
Mon Mar 24 20:54:29 CET 2003

Over the past ten years or so I've used primarily PagePlus for Windows
for DTP. In case you're unfamiliar with it, it's a very full-featured
budget DTP which has always been easy to use but capable of very good
results.

Some of the nicer features it would be good to see in Scribus would be:

    A floating "properties" toolbar - which gives editable and object
specific information about whichever object is selected, ie for a
bitmap, it would specify it's width and             height, border width
and style, angle of rotation and position on the page plus wrap
settings. For a text object it would show the typeface, style and size, etc.

    A greater variety of fill types for frames and drawn objects -
graduations, tiled bitmap fills, etc.

    Easily editable drop shadow, lighting and bevel effects for all objects.

    A small, built-in text editor so that text can be edited without
having to copy it to another program and inserted straighyt back again
afterwards.

I know that's a tall order, but you did ask!

By the way, I still think Scribus is wonderful now - congrats and thanks
a#to everyone involoved - but you can't have too much of a good thing,
can you?

Regards,

Neil Lewis, London.