[Scribus] incompatible pdf generation

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Sun Mar 23 17:36:44 CET 2003

On 23 Mar 2003 16:30:02 +0000
Paul <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> > Anyway, it would seem this problem is related to a specific kind of
> > fonts, on my system this font (Century Schoolnook L Medium Italic) is
> > found in /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/c059033l.afm (and
> > c059033l.pfb). So it's a type 1 font, and another person on this list
> > also mentioned problems on his system with type 1 fonts.
>
> Hmmm, remind me, do you get the same problem if you create the PDF not
> using a type-1 font?

Just tried it:

courier: ok
avantgarde: nok

So it seems to be related to type1 fonts. But since you don't have that
problem any more, maybe I should just try out the cvs version ... So if
anybody can give me the directions on how to get a "cvs co" of the latest
version, or put one on the web for me, I'll try that one.

Franky