[Scribus] incompatible pdf generation

Paul paulf.johnson
Sun Mar 23 17:30:02 CET 2003

Hi,

> > When I pulled the .scd file into scribus (0.9.8 cvs) I was asked
> > straight off if I wanted to substitute the font for Avantgarde. I did,
> > generated the PDF and it's fine under Adobe.
>
> Doesn't this just mean that you don't have the font "Century Schoolbook L
> Medium Italic" on your system?

Nope, I do have that font, just chose not to have it as the default.

> Anyway, it would seem this problem is related to a specific kind of fonts,
> on my system this font (Century Schoolnook L Medium Italic) is found in
> /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/c059033l.afm (and c059033l.pfb). So it's a
> type 1 font, and another person on this list also mentioned problems on
> his system with type 1 fonts.

Hmmm, remind me, do you get the same problem if you create the PDF not
using a type-1 font?

TTFN

Paul

--
Tired of bloated software which gobbles up your system resources?
Bored of hearing your harddrive being thrashed by inefficient code?