[Scribus] Printing problem

neil lewis neil
Tue Mar 18 21:48:14 CET 2003

Hi everyone,

I've a small but irritating printing problem with Scribus, so I hope
someone has the answer!

A lot of my DTP output is bi-folded leaflets, printed on a choice of
Epson Stylus 3000 or HP CP1700 inkjets or a Samsung ML1210 laser.
Most of these leaflets are set up as landscape format pages, but
whatever I do, Scribus doesn't seem to want to print them properly,
giving me just a part of a page every time.

I'm using SuSE 8.1 on a small network. My workstation is set up to
access the printers on a dedicated CUPS printserver, also running SuSE 8.1.
I've tried printing directly to the printers using the main part of the
Scribus print dialog (which doesn't seem to have any option to tell the
printer that the page is landscape) and by checking the box to print via
another command (KPrinter, which then has options for landscape mode as
well as 2-up or 4-up printing, etc.), but whatever I do, I just get the
left and middle parts of the page on the paper. It doesn't seem to
matter which way the paper is inserted, which I tried just in case the
HP printer was sensing the width.

Any suggestions?

Neil Lewis, Gibsons Photography, London.