[Scribus] No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop

Ashley Gittins scribus
Sat Mar 15 14:23:18 CET 2003

Hi Henrik,

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:35 pm, henrik.eismark at mail.dk wrote:
> I get this error while installing Scribus on Mandrake 9.0 (update
> from 8.2)
>
> [root at gigabyte scribus-0.8]# make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

This is because ./config has not been run, or failed to complete.

> after ./configure:
> <..snip..>
> checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your
> installation and look into config.log

Looks like you're missing libz.so. On my redhat system, this is provided by
the zlib package. Note that you might need to run ldconfig after installing
zlib, so that the library locations get updated. Seems odd that you don't
have it, since I believe that many packages (like gzip) depend on zlib.

--
Regards,
        Ashley Gittins