[Scribus] Scribus Filename version ...

Ashley Gittins scribus
Wed Mar 12 14:15:05 CET 2003

I personally would object to such a change, as the scr extension is also used
for Sun Raster files, Windows Screensavers, Faxview Faxes, Procomm Plus
Screen Snapshot Files (procomm is being open-sourced now, so is likely to
show up in the linux world before long), LocoScript Screen Fonts and various
scripting applications.

Most corporate email servers are already likely to block any *.scr attachments
due to scripting vulnerabilities in certain people's email clients, so that
would work against it as well.

Are you referring to StarCalc the planetarium software, or StarOffice's
Spreadsheet module? OpenOffice.org now uses the sxc extension for native
spreadsheets. It is possible that the next StarOffice (if indeed they
continue releasing new versions) may follow suit. That is pure speculation of
course ;-)

At any rate, for those of us already using Scribus, modifying the default
extension is probably not to be considered a "simple change". I don't
personally feel that this is a substantial enough reason to change the file
extensions at this point in the game. However, that call of course is Franz'
to make.

--
Regards,
        Ashley Gittins