[Scribus] KDE 3.1 and QT 3.1.1 packages for RH 8.0 / 7.3 users

P Linnell plinnell
Sun Mar 9 19:21:38 CET 2003

Hello all,

For RH 8.0 and 7.3 users on the list, you might find these packages
quite helpful: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ is a repackaging of
KDE 3.0.5 and/or 3.1. which is more faithful to the original KDE
sources, than the heavily patched RH versions.

Please note, the KDE 3.1 packages are labeled test and final packages
are expected anytime soon.

I can say, after letting my machine compile KDE 3.1 and QT 3.1.1 from
scratch for 14+ hours, this is a *much* less painful way to get KDE 3.1
on RH 8.0.

I installed the whole set including the development libraries and
mosfet's Liquid Theme for KDE 3.1. I am *very* pleased with the quality
and the very clean installation. Since Thursday I have been using these
with Scribus and these packages seem to be more stable and cause fewer
problems for Scribus than the ones from RH. They also eliminate the
annoying "extras" menu.

Again, these are test packages, but you may want to wait for the final
releases, but you might find these useful.

Peter