[Scribus] RPM?

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Jun 29 19:06:11 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 14:41, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 06:25, P Linnell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 02:47, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> > > 	As a red hat user, I am having a great deal of difficulty installing
> > > any software that does not come pre-packaged as an RPM archive. Are
> > > there any versions of Scribus that come in such a package? (I've
> > > probably asked this very question before -- if so, I hope you will
> > > remind me).
> >
> > The Fedora project has a well done rpm install of recent versions at:
> > http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/
> >
> > Finally, if you want to stick with rpms, you might want to consider, at
> > least updating Qt to 3.1.2 from here:
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/RedHat/9
> >
> > These are built by RH.
>
> I downloaded these files 9all of them), but they are rather
> interdependent, to the point that i can't install any of them without
> having installed all of the others first. Is there any way to install
> all of them simultaneously to avoid the dependency issue?

Generally, the order is something like this:

arts

Qt

kdelibs

kdebase

the rest - hint -  move the previously installed rpms out of the
directory and then do  rpm -Uvh ./k*.rpm and usually rpm will figure out
the installation order.

You do need to upgrade arts before the others and arts is usually tied
to a specific version of KDE.

> > > 	Finally, which picture formats does Scribus support, both internally
> > > and for conversion to PDF for both print and stand-alone display?
> >
> > Notes are here:
> > :http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/menufile#ss3.1
>
> Thanks. I'll look this up over the weekend.

Hope that helps,
Peter