[Scribus] Scribus and Quark

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Jun 22 17:05:28 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 09:52, John Culleton wrote:
> Scribus is  a new system and the documentation is pretty much limited to
> describing the contents of the verious menus.  As a newcomer I need a more
> task-oriented introduction. There seems to be some similarities to Quark. So
> would reading books on Quark help me to understand Scribus or are the two
> systems too dissimilar?

The task oriented documentation is the focus for all the new docs which
will be added to 1.0 or soon after.

Docs I am working on at the moment:

How to use the drawing tools

Creating Interactive PDF, including using Javascript with PDF with step
by step examples.

A Getting started guide for beginners.

Notes on the advantages and disadvantages of file formats Scribus can
import and export.

More samples and some examples of using scripting to automate tasks like
creating tables.

Candidly, I think we collectively have more thoroughly and precisely
documented Scribus, so far, than the vast majority of open source
applications, especially considering we are just reaching 1.0. With a
new developer release every two to four weeks on average, it is not easy
to keep the docs current with all of the new features.

I will post these new docs when they are complete.

Peter