[Scribus] Problem with EPS

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Jun 15 05:05:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 16:53, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > When I export files to EPS format, they aren't recognized by Mac or Windows.
> > Of course yes in Linux.

By which program ?  Illustrator ? Corel Draw ? Photoshop ?

Are you trying to include this in another document or application ? PDF
might be a better way. GSView 4.4 and Ghostscript 8.0 on Win2k open the
few Scribus EPS files I have tested.

> EPS is not an exact science - unfortunately. I have a package on another
> machine which generates EPS pics which will load under Linux and Mac,
> but not under Win and the software on the Win machine is from the same
> vendor and version as the Mac version. Aparently, the subversions of it
> make loading and rendering damned near impossible!

Exactly. For the 1.0 Docs I have already put together some notes and
hints about file formats.

So far, in my incomplete testing, Illustrator 10 does a remarkable job
of editing individual Scribus PDF pages. I have taken a bunch of
different Scribus PDF's and can edit any kind of object in Illustrator.
Text, image and even the newest text into polygons features are all
editable under Illustrator.

More details:
http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/pre-press.htm

Hope that helps,