[Scribus] a couple of "problems" in cvs

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Thu Jun 12 06:17:53 CEST 2003

hi,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:51:16 +0200
Franz Schmid <Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

[..]

> > 1) default font always remains Times New Roman Medium Italic, even
> > after one changes the settings in Edit>Preferences>General>Tools.
> > even if one manually changes the settings in .scribus>scribus.rc,
> > the default font settings reverts to Times New Roman Medium Italic.

> Hmm, this works for me. If you want to change the Default Font for all
> new Docs you must do that with no Document open. Or do you have some
> old .scribus.rc file in your HOME Directory?

sorry. it works when you change the font with no documents open.

> > 2) at present, the print preview just brings up a grey screen. one
> > can't actually preview the page. but, there is a file called tmp.ps
> > in the.scribus directory which was the page i was trying to preview.

> Ghostscript must be installed to use the print preview.

i still have this problem in the cvs of 11.june F-C-C-T. i do have
ghostscript installed. output of"whereis ghostscript":

ghostscript: /usr/bin/ghostscript /usr/lib/ghostscript
/usr/share/ghostscript /usr/share/man/man1/ghostscript.1.bz2

and output for "ghostscript --version":

ghostscript --version 7.05.6.

as i said in my previous mail everytime i use "print preview" scribus
creates a tmp.ps in .scribus directory. when i click on that in the kde
filemanager, i get this message:

The desktop entry file
/usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/convertpstopdf.desktop has an
invalid menu entry convertpstopdf.onvertpstopdf.

i am afraid i don't know what's happening here. anybody else
experiencing this on mdk 9.1 systems (qt 3.1.1)?

thanks and regards, subash.