[Scribus] ICC Profiling software for Linux/Windows machine

Christoph Schoenherr lists.cschoenherr
Fri Jun 6 17:25:50 CEST 2003

 On Freitag, 6. Juni 2003 16:17, Peter Linnell wrote:

> [...]
>
> As you mentioned with non standard inks and papers a hardware
> solution is needed in this situation. Unfortunately, I have
> done a lot of looking, but there is no Linux compatible
> solution and trying a Windows app with Wine may or may not
> work because of hardware issues. I would make a guess you
> could get pretty close with a Windows created profile and then
> fine tune with GIMP print.

Do you have any suggestions which Hardware/Software to buy, other
than the Gretag-Macbeth solutions (which I won't be able to
afford)?
I'm considering Monaco EZ, Profile Prism or Colorvision PrintFix,
but I've learned that printer profiling involving a flatbed
scanner (Monaco and Profile Prism) might not be accurate.
On the other hand the PrintFix (with separate "patch reader", in
a cheap bundle with a monitor calibrator) will require Photoshop
to plug into. So that would make a possible WINE solution even
more questionable...

Thanks for your help,
Christoph