[Scribus] Re: [Fink-devel] Bus error on Mac OSX, again (long)

Max Horn max
Thu Jul 31 13:06:03 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 31.07.03 um 12:47 Uhr schrieb Martin Costabel:

[...]

> I cannot understand how linking with a bunch of object files that have
> nothing to do with the main program can cause a crash of this main
> program. I would be grateful for any idea about what kind of mechanism
> could cause such a behavior.

Oh that's very simple: if one of the .o files provides a symbol which
overrides a symbol in one of the libs you link against ... e.g. in qt,
or even in one of the OS system libs. In that case, you can get the
oddest and worst behavior. Does it print any warnings during linking?

Cheers,

Max