[Scribus] Re: [Fink-devel] Bus error on Mac OSX, again (long)

Martin Costabel costabel
Thu Jul 31 13:48:54 CEST 2003

Max Horn wrote:

> Oh that's very simple: if one of the .o files provides a symbol which
> overrides a symbol in one of the libs you link against ... e.g. in qt,

Yes, I have been looking for something like this, but nothing so far
jumped out at me. I guess for finding such things systematically one
would have to run kdevelop, the IDE scribus seems to have been written
in. Too heavy for me :-)

> or even in one of the OS system libs. In that case, you can get the
> oddest and worst behavior. Does it print any warnings during linking?

No. The funny thing is, there is no warning at all when all the object
files are linked in (the bad case), but there are tons of "symbol foo
from /sw/lib/libfreetype.dylib, not from earlier library etc" warnings
when the main.o is linked alone (the good case). Nothing concerning
libqt-mt, though.

--
Martin